The best gluten free + paleo-friendly snickerdoodle cookies! Easy to make, so delicious, and refined sugar free!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 + 3/4 cups almond flour*
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
For the cinnamon sugar coating:
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar (can sub regular sugar)
- 1 + 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (you may end up needing 2 baking sheets).
- Mix together the cinnamon and sugar for the coating and set aside (I like to do this in a small bowl, then transfer to a large plate for rolling the dough in the mixture later).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, coconut sugar, egg, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar until smooth.
- Stir in the almond flour, sea salt, and baking soda until a smooth dough forms (it may take a minute).
- Scoop the dough out about 1 tbsp at a time, and roll in your hands to create a ball. (Mixture will make 22-24 cookies in total)
- Roll each ball of dough in the cinnamon sugar mixture, then set on the baking sheet about 1-2 inches apart. You may run out of space and need a second baking sheet.
- Slightly press each ball of dough down with your hands (they will continue to spread in the oven, so only press them about 1/2 way down).
- Bake for 9-10 minutes. They will be soft and may even look a little wet still when you take them out- they will continue to set as they cool! Allow to cool for 5 minutes before carefully transferring to a cooling rack to finish cooling. Store leftovers in an airtight container on the counter for up to 4 days.
*Please note I have not tested these with any other type of flour. For best results I highly recommend keeping the recipe as written!