Easy gluten free pretzel bites made with yogurt! No yeast or standing mixer needed!
- 1 cup plain Greek-style yogurt
- 3 tbsp butter or ghee, melted
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 + 1/4 cup gluten free baking flour (I recommend Cup-4-Cup or Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 baking flour in the blue bag)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 egg, whisked (for egg wash)
- Flakey sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the yogurt, melted butter, and honey until smooth.
- Using a sturdy spatula, fold in the flour, baking powder, and salt until just combined.
- Clean a work surface and lightly sprinkle with flour.
- Turn dough out onto work surface. If dough is sticking at all, roll in some of the flour. Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll each portion of dough into about a 6″ log (about 3/4″ wide). Brush each log with the egg wash, then use a sharp knife or pastry cutter to cut into 1″ pieces.
- Transfer the pretzel bite pieces onto the baking sheet, sprinkle with sea salt, and bake for 18-22 minutes until browned and just cooked through.
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy! (See above in blog post for a simple gluten free white cheddar sauce).