Quick and easy chicken sausage pasta with a simple creamy tomato sauce!
- 12 oz bowtie or penne pasta (gluten free, if needed)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 pre-cooked chicken sausages, sliced (such as Italian or pesto flavored)
- 2–3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 + 1/2 cups of frozen peas
- 1 (25 oz) jar of you marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Optional to make it spicy: 1/2-1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/3–1/2 cup parmesan cheese, plus more for serving
- 3 basil leaves, finely chopped
- Heat a skillet over medium heat with the olive oil. Once hot, add your chicken sausage and cook, stirring occasionally, until crispy, about 7-9 minutes.
- At this point, start boiling the water for your pasta and cook the pasta according to directions on box.
- Add garlic to the pan with the chicken sausage. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Stir in peas, marinara, milk, heavy cream, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes (optional). Bring to a simmer and allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat, then stir in parmesan, basil, and pasta. Serve with extra parmesan and enjoy!