Creamy Cajun vegetarian pasta!
- 1 (8 oz) box of pasta of choice
- 2 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 1 cup of cauliflower, chopped into small florets
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 5 green onion, diced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (5.3 oz) container of siggi’s plain 0% (a little more than 1/2 cup)
- 3–4 tbsp pasta cooking water
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt, or to taste
- Dash of cayenne, more to taste
1. Start by making the pasta according to the directions on the box. Be sure to reserve ¼ cup of the pasta water just before straining!
2. While the pasta is boiling, cook the cauliflower and bell pepper. Heat a large skillet over medium heat with the avocado oil. Sauté the veggies until soft and slightly browned, 5-7 minutes.
3. While veggies are cooking, combine all of the seasonings in a small bowl. Set aside.
4. Once the cauliflower and bell pepper are soft, stir in the green onion, then reduce heat to low. Stir in the tomatoes and the seasoning mix. Allow to heat on low for about 5 minutes, then stir in the yogurt and remove from heat.
5. Return the cooked pasta to it’s pot, and stir in the veggies/sauce. Slowly add the pasta water until desired consistency is reached; taste and adjust cayenne and/or salt levels. Serve and enjoy!