Super simple, creamy, and the most delicious vegan spinach and artichoke dip! Gluten free, soy free, and paleo-friendly, too!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ of a small white onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 (14 oz) can of artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed, roughly chopped
- 2 + 1/2 cups of chopped frozen spinach
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
For the Cashew Cheese Sauce
- 1 + 1/4 cups raw cashews
- 1 + 1/2 cups unsweetened dairy free milk of choice
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch/flour
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat with the olive oil. Once hot, slightly reduce heat and add your diced onion and minced garlic. Allow to cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 minutes, until onions are soft and mostly translucent.
- Stir in your chopped artichoke hearts, frozen chopped spinach, and season with salt, pepper, and a pinch of red pepper flakes. Allow to continue to cook for another 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once finished cooking, transfer everything from the pan to an oven safe 9” pie dish. Set aside.
- Add all cashew cheese sauce ingredients to your Vitamix blender and blend into a smooth and creamy sauce (sauce will be thin, but will thicken in the oven).
- Pour your cashew cheese sauce over the spinach and artichoke mixture in your baking dish and give everything a good mix.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until dip is thickened, then broil on high for 2-4 minutes until slightly browned at the top (this is optional; keep an eye on the dip to be careful not to burn). Serve with veggies, crackers, bread, pita, etc. and enjoy! Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and reheated in the oven or microwave.