Super creamy, veggie-packed butternut squash, carrot, + coconut soup!
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed (seeds removed)
- 5 large carrots, diced
- 3 stalks of celery, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp cayenne (or more, for extra spice)
- 3 cups of low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5 oz) can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp minced ginger (or more, to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add your butternut squash, carrots, celery, onion, and garlic to the pan. Toss with the olive oil, paprika, salt, pepper, and cayenne until everything is evenly coated. Spread veggies out into a single layer. Roast for 35-45 minutes, or until veggies are very tender.
- When veggies are done roasting, heat a large deep pot over medium heat with the broth, coconut milk, ginger, and apple cider vinegar. Bring to a boil, then add the roasted veggies and boil for 10 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender (or carefully transfer in batches to a blender) to blend the soup until very smooth. Taste and adjust seasonings or ginger to your liking. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.