Kale salad with the best ever creamy tahini dressing, parmesan, and crispy chickpeas!
- 2 bunches of kale, stems removed and leaves shredded/thinly sliced (I like dino kale for this)
- 1/3 cup-1/2 cup shredded parmesan
For the chickpeas
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- Olive oil
- BBQ seasoning blend (or your seasoning blend of choice)
For the Tahini Dressing:
- 1/3 cup + 3 tbsp tahini
- 1/3 cup water, plus more as needed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tsp of maple syrup
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss chickpeas in a good drizzle of oil and seasoning well. Spread out in one layer on baking sheet and bake for 25-35 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before adding to salad.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing by adding all ingredients to a blender or using an immersion blender until a creamy dressing forms. Add more water as needed to reach desired consistency. Taste and add more salt, pepper, or red pepper flakes if needed.
- Toss the kale, parmesan, and dressing together (you may not use all of the dressing, depending on how heavily dressed you like your salad). Top with crispy chickpeas and serve.