The best gluten free and grain free chocolate brownies!
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter (sub coconut oil for dairy free)
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Powdered sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper. (Note, using a pan bigger than this will result in overcooked brownies).
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt the chocolate chips and the butter. Stir frequently to avoid burning. Remove from heat once completely melted and smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg with the coconut sugar and vanilla. Add the cocoa powder, tapioca starch, sea salt, and melted butter and chocolate chip mixture and stir until a smooth batter is formed.
- Pour batter into your lined baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes, then lift by the parchment paper to continue cooling on a cooling rack. When brownies are completely cool, dust with powdered sugar and slice. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.