Soft and addicting gluten free sugar cookies.
- 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (unless your flour blend already has it)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Frosting and sprinkles for decorating
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, xanthan gum, coconut sugar, baking powder, and pinch of sea salt until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all remaining wet ingredients until smooth.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Be patient! This will at first be a dry and stiff dough. Once you’ve mixed everything together, use your hands to really form into a ball of dough.
- Roll the dough out between 2 pieces of parchment paper (use a roller, bottle of wine, jar of sauce, whatever you have!). Roll out into about 1/2″ thick.
- Use cookie cutters or anything round (I used a mason jar lid) to cut out the cookies. Repeat the roll out process with any scraps of dough until all dough is used up.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Allow to cool for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.