The most simple and delicious lemon ricotta toast! Gluten free and vegan options!
- 4–6 pieces of sourdough bread (depending on size of slices)
For the lemon ricotta:
- 8 oz ricotta (whole milk regular or vegan)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened oat milk (can sub heavy cream)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Black pepper
- In a bowl, whisk together all of the lemon ricotta ingredients until smooth. Taste and add more lemon zest if desired (I usually add a little bit more).
- Toast your bread until slightly browned and toasted to your liking.
- Allow toast to mostly cool before spreading ricotta mixture on top, drizzle with honey, sprinkle with black pepper, and slice into thirds. Serve immediately, or store lemon ricotta mixture in the fridge for up to 4 days before spreading on toast.