Gluten free pesto pasta with crispy prosciutto, fresh peas, and creamy mozzarella! Simple and delicious fancy pasta at home!
For the pesto:
- 1 cup Earthbound Farm organic baby arugula, packed
- 1 cup fresh basil, large stems removed
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 cloves of garlic, smashed and peeled
- ¼ tsp sea salt, more to taste
- Dash of black pepper
For the pasta:
- 12 oz of your favorite pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 oz prosciutto (optional)
- ¼ cup reserved pasta water
- 1 cup mini mozzarella balls
- If you are including the prosciutto, preheat oven to 400°F.
- Start by making the pesto. Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor. Pulse until blended but still chunky. Pour into a small bowl and set aside.
- Make the pasta according to the directions on the box; cook about 2-3 minutes less than the box says for al dente pasta. When there are 2 minutes left to cook your pasta, add the peas to the boiling water along with the pasta. *Note: make sure to salt your water to add flavor to the pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, spread prosciutto out on a parchment-lined baking pan. Roast at 400°F for 6-7 minutes, until crispy. Drain off any grease.
- Reserve ¼ cup pasta water for later; drain your pasta and peas.
- Add pasta and peas back to the pot, then stir in the pesto sauce. Add the reserved pasta water as needed to thin out the sauce and get all the noodles coated well.
- Stir in the mozzarella balls and crumble in the crispy prosciutto. Serve immediately and enjoy!