Simple paleo hot fudge sauce! Refined sugar free, dairy free, and so delicious. Just like the old school version we all love!
- 5 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey (sub agave for vegan)
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (more if needed, see directions)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp arrowroot starch
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate bar
- Combine all ingredients besides the chocolate chips in a sauce pan over medium heat. Give everything a good stir, then allow to come to a boil. Once bubbling, allow to simmer for 5 minutes to thicken; be sure to whisk occasionally to avoid burning. Reduce heat slightly if needed.
- Remove from heat after 5 minutes, then whisk in chocolate chips until a smooth, thick sauce forms. If fudge seems too thick, add more almond milk 1 tbsp at a time (I added 1-2 tbsp).
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then serve with your favorite ice cream and toppings. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. Gently reheat leftovers in the microwave, or on the stovetop. Be careful not to burn when reheating.