Zarlengo family vodka sauce!
- 1 lb pasta (gluten free if necessary)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3–4 garlic cloves, minced
- Handful of diced green onions
- 1/3 cup vodka
- 1 small can black olives (optional)
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 4–6 chicken breasts, browned (or 6 oz chopped prosciutto) (leave out for meat free)*
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Saute olive oil on medium-low heat in a large skillet with garlic and green onion for about 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Stir in vodka, crushed tomatoes, olives (optional), and crushed red pepper. Simmer for 15 minutes (reduce heat if necessary).
- If you are adding the pre-cooked chicken (or prosciutto), add to the simmering sauce and continue to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the salt and heavy cream. Simmer an additional 5 minutes; pour over cooked pasta.
*You can leave the meat out completely. If you are adding chicken, make sure it’s pre-cooked.