Deliciously addicting buttery maple roasted acorn squash. The ultimate fall veggie dish!
- 2 acorn squashes
- 4 tbsp grass fed butter
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (you can sub cinnamon)
- sea salt
- drizzle of pure maple syrup
1. Preheat oven to 400F. Carefully slice easy squash in half lengthwise, then with a paring knife score each squash (essentially cut a checkerboard pattern in each half).
3. Melt the butter, then combine it with the coconut sugar and pumpkin pie spice. once well combined, drizzle evenly over each squash half (try to get some on the edges, but it’s ok when the mixture pools into the center). Sprinkle with sea salt and a drizzle of maple syrup.
4. Roast for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, until squash is very tender.
5. Remove from oven and spoon the butter mixture all over the squash halves before serving.