Easy Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats. Lightly sweetened with coconut sugar, and a hit of cinnamon!
- 1 tbsp butter, vegan or regular
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 + 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 + 1/2 cups water
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Set Instant Pot to Saute setting. Once hot, add the butter.
- When butter is melted, stir in the oats and cinnamon, then add in the water, coconut sugar, and sea salt.
- Secure Instant Pot lid and make sure the valve is closed (mine does this automatically). Set Instant Pot to Pressure Cook on High for 10 minutes. *Note, it will take a few minutes to preheat before timer begins.
- When 10 minutes is up, unplug your Instant Pot and allow the pressure to release naturally for 5 minutes, then manually release the remaining pressure.
- Stir everything well (oats will still be watery at this point), then place lid back on. Allow to sit for at least 5-10 minutes for oats to thicken. You can let them thicken for up to 20 minutes.
- Serve with favorite toppings. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up yo 6 days in an airtight container. Add milk of choice or water as needed when reheating to thin oats to desired consistency, as they will thicken when they sit in the refrigerator.