Easy and healthy enchilada skillet! Dairy free option, and simple to make!
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, sliced into 1/4” pieces
- Avocado oil spray
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 lb ground chicken, turkey, or grass-fed beef
- 1 (12 oz) bag of frozen cauliflower rice, pepper, and onion blend (plain cauliflower rice will work, too)*
- 2 large handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 cup + 3 tbsp enchilada sauce (I like this one)
- Cheese for topping (optional)
- Extra optional toppings: plain greek yogurt or sour cream, green onion, jalapeños, avocado, cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray a 9 inch circle pie dish.
- Slice the potatoes in 1/4″ thick pieces on a mandoline or with a knife. Lay them out on the bottom of the sprayed baking dish, then cut some of the pieces in half to line the sides of the dish. Bake for 20-22 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender.
- While sweet potatoes are baking, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add avocado oil, then stir in ground meat (if using beef, you shouldn’t need oil in the pan).
- Cook, breaking up with a spatula, until just cooked through, about 5-7 minutes. Next, stir in cauliflower rice mix*. Cook, breaking up, until thawed, ~3 minutes.
- Stir in baby spinach, then reduce heat and stir in enchilada sauce. Once everything is well-combined, turn off heat.
- When sweet potatoes are done, remove from oven and pour enchilada mixture over the sweet potato “crust”. Top with cheese, then return to oven until cheese is melty, ~5-10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
*If you can’t find a cauliflower rice mixture with peppers and onions, you can add peppers and onions to the pan before the ground meat. Alternatively, you can add a little onion powder for extra flavor.