Easy gluten free and grain free shortcake cupcakes!
- 1/2 cup butter (or sub vegan butter or coconut oil), melted and cooled
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tbsp dairy free milk of choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract (or sub with another tsp of vanilla)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Coconut cool whip, for frosting (I use this one)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cupcake tin with 10 cupcake liners.
- In a large bow, whisk together the butter or coconut oil (make sure it is mostly cooled), eggs, honey, milk, vanilla, and almond extract until smooth. Pour in the coconut flour, baking powder, and sea salt. Use a whisk to combine, getting as many lumps out as possible (a few lumps are ok; batter will be wet!)
- Pour the batter into the cupcake liners about 3/4 full. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow cupcake to cool completely before frosting with cool whip and berries. Store leftover unfrosted cupcakes on the counter in an airtight container for up to 3 days; don’t add cool whip until ready to serve!