Super simple gluten free minestrone soup!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small white or yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 (14.5 oz) can green beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can cannellini or kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28 oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth*
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp Italian seasonings
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 + 1/2 cups gluten free elbow or shell pasta (*I recommend brown rice or quinoa based pasta. Chickpea pasta will tend to fall apart)
- 2–3 handful of baby spinach
- Grated parmesan, for serving (optional)
- Heat a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat with the olive oil. Once hot, add diced onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, celery, carrot, and zucchini. Allow to cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add green beans, beans, tomatoes, broth, and all of the seasonings. Give everything a good stir, then bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and allow to simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in pasta and cook for another 10-15 minutes, until pasta is cooked to al dente (be careful not to overcook). Stir occasionally.
- Turn off heat. Stir in baby spinach and allow to wilt. Taste and add any extra salt or seasonings if desired. Serve with parmesan (optional) and toasted bread if desired. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
*I recommend having some extra broth on hand incase you need it to reheat leftovers, as the pasta will naturally absorb some of the liquid.