Gluten free soft cinnamon sugar pumpkin pretzels! No yeast; made with Greek yogurt!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour, plus more as needed
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch/flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup very thick Greek-style yogurt (I like to use siggi’s brand; a thin yogurt will not work!)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 egg (for egg wash)
For the cinnamon sugar coating:
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- Cinnamon sugar spice blend, as needed
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, oat flour, tapioca starch, coconut sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the yogurt, pumpkin purée, and honey until everything is well-combined. Dough will be sticky- that’s ok! Put dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to chill.
- While dough is chilling, whisk your egg for the egg wash, line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and clean a work surface. Sprinkle your work surface with oat flour.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and turn over onto the floured work surface. Sprinkle more oat flour on top of the dough, then knead the dough until a smooth ball of dough forms, adding more oat flour as needed until no longer sticky.
- Divide dough into 5 equal portions. Roll each portion into about a 6″ rope, then cross each over each other to form a pretzel shape. If dough starts sticking at any point, just sprinkle with a little more oat flour.
- Lay pretzels on the parchment lined baking sheet and brush the tops of each pretzel with the egg wash. Bake for 25-27 minutes, until pretzels are slightly browned.
- Allow pretzels to rest for 5 minutes before brushing the melted butter on each one and sprinkling with cinnamon sugar. Best enjoyed immediately, but can be stored on the counter in an airtight container for up to 3 days.