Fluffy and moist gluten free and dairy free cinnamon applesauce pancakes!
- 1 cup gluten free all purpose flour (can sub regular AP flour if you don’t need gluten free)*
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup unsweetened cinnamon applesauce
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2–4 tbsp milk of choice (regular or dairy free), as needed
- Butter or coconut oil, for the pan
- In a large bowl, whisk together your flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt.
- Mix in your applesauce, egg, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract until everything is well combined. Add your milk of choice as needed, until batter is still slightly thick but pourable.
- Allow batter to sit while you heat a skillet or pan over medium heat. Add butter or coconut oil to the griddle, then spoon out about 1/3 cup batter per pancake. Allow to cook for 2-4 minutes per side, until browned and edges start to dry. Serve with toppings of choice and enjoy!
Be sure to use a gluten free flour blend that contains xanthan gum. I recommend King Arthur, Bob’s Red Mill (the blue bag), or Cup-4-Cup. Substituting with something like almond or oat flour will not yield the same results!