The best gluten free no-cook rainbow noodle salad!
For the dressing
- 1/3 cup gluten free soy sauce (or tamari)
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- Juice of 1 large orange
- Juice of 1 lime, plus more for serving
- Zest of 1/2 lime (or more, to taste)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp honey
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Dash of black pepper
For the salad
- 16 oz miracle noodles (or sub any gluten free spaghetti-style noodle), drained*
- 2 (10-oz) bags of coleslaw mix
- 1/2 of a large cucumber, julienne sliced
- 7 green onions, diced
- 1/3 cup peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 of an avocado, diced
- Optional: protein of choice (tofu, chicken, salmon, shrimp, ground turkey, or steak all work great)
- Start by whisking all dressing ingredients together in a bowl or jar. Add as much red pepper flakes as you’d like, depending on spice preference. Set aside.
- In a very large bowl, add your drained noodles and 1 bag of slaw. Mix together, then pour the dressing over and mix again. Mix in your cucumber. Once veggies have broken down a bit from the dressing, add your second bag of coleslaw and toss once more.
- Add crushed peanuts, avocado, and protein of choice (optional) before serving. Leftovers can be stores in an airtight container for up to 3 days (don’t add avocado until ready to serve).
*You can also use 16 oz of any gluten free pasta, you’ll just have to cook them first and allow them to cool!