Gluten free and dairy free flourless chocolate brownies with a light and fluffy dairy free peanut butter mousse!
For the brownies
- 170g of chopped semi sweet baking chocolate or chocolate chips (about 1 cup)
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter (sub coconut oil for dairy free)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- Dairy free peanut butter cups, roughly chopped
For the peanut butter mousse
- 1 (14.5 oz) can full fat coconut milk, chilled in the refrigerator overnight*
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line an 8×8″ square baking dish with parchment paper.
- In the microwave or on the stove, melt together the chopped chocolate and butter, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix the chocolate and butter mixture with the vanilla, cocoa powder, coconut sugar, and salt until smooth. Stir in the whisked eggs until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 23-25 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the baking dish, then carefully lift by the parchment paper and allow to continue cooling on a cooling rack.
- While the brownies are baking, make your mousse. Separate the thick and creamy part of the coocnut milk from the watery part. You will not use the watery part- feel free to save for smoothies later on. Using a hand mixer, food processor, or blender, whip the coconut milk, peanut butter, vanilla, and salt together until well-combined. Transfer to a bowl and set in the refrigerator to chill.
- Be sure to allow brownies to completely cool before adding mousse and optional peanut butter cups. Once frosted, store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
*Important: you will only use the thick and creamy portion of the coconut milk. It’s important to refrigerate your can for at least 6 hours to separate the creamy portion from the watery portion.