Super simple Instant Pot White Chicken Chili. Gluten free and made with healthy ingredients!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper (any color), diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1.50 lbs chicken breasts
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable or chicken broth (**use 2 cups if you want it to be more soupy)
- 1 (15 oz) can Great Northern white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn*
- 1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 (4 oz) can diced mild green chiles
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (or sub sour cream)
- Fresh lime juice
- Shredded cheese
- Fresh cilantro
- Hot sauce
- Greek yogurt or sour cream
- Set your Instant Pot to the sauté setting. Once hot, add the olive oil, onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Stir, and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all of your other ingredients BESIDES the yogurt to your instant pot. Give everything a good stir, then place lid on Instant Pot and set to Pressure cook on HIGH for 20 minutes. When the 20 minutes are up, allow the pressure to naturally release for 10 minutes, then (carefully) manually release the remaining steam.
- Remove the chicken breasts onto a plate, and use 2 forks to shred the chicken. Stir the chicken back in along with the Greek yogurt until well-combined. Serve with a squeeze of fresh lime juice and toppings of choice. Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to 4 days, or frozen for up to 1 month.
*You can use canned corn, but be sure to drain the juices.