Chicken and Veggie soup! Super easy and packed with veggies for a nourishing soup!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow or white onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 4 large carrots, diced
- 1/2 of a small green cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 tsp minced or grated ginger (or more, to taste)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups low sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 (14.5) can diced tomatoes and their juices
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large handful of baby spinach
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus more for serving
- Optional: fresh parsley for serving
- Set Instant Pot to sauté over medium. Add olive oil, onion, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 4 minutes.
- Stir in celery, carrots, cabbage, and green beans, then add of the spices, the broth, and diced tomatoes with their juices. Give everything a good stir, then submerge chicken breasts into the soup.
- Secure Instant Pot lid, then set to PRESSURE on HIGH for 20 minutes. Allow steam to release naturally for 10 minutes, then manually release the remaining steam.
- Remove chicken breasts and shred with 2 forks, then stir back in with the baby spinach and juice of 1 lemon. Taste and adjust seasonings or ginger if needed; Serve with an extra squeeze of lemon juice and enjoy! Leftovers can be stores in the refrigerator for up 4 days, or in the freezer for up to 3-4 months.