Gluten free yogurt bagels. No yeast!
- Whisk egg for egg wash and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, flax seed, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the yogurt and 1 tbsp of water to the flour mixture, then fold in until combined. Be patient- this may take a few minutes. It’s ok if it does not form a ball of dough; it just needs to be mostly all combined, but you can finish working the flour into the dough in the next step.
- Flour a clean work surface, and turn dough mixture out onto floured surface. Use your hands to need and roll the dough into a ball- sprinkle a little flour as needed if the dough sticks at all to your hands or your work surface.
- Divide the dough into 6 or 7 equal portions. (6 portions will yield larger bagels)
- Roll each portion out into a log shape about 5″ long, then connect each end of the log to form a bagel.
- Lay each bagel onto your lined baking sheet about 2″ apart. Brush the tops of the bagels with your egg wash, then sprinkle with your everything bagel seasoning. Bake for 22-25 minutes, until slightly golden. Bagels are best served toasted. Store leftovers in an airtight container on the counter for up to 2 days, then in the freezer after that.
*Make sure your yogurt is Greek-style. Regular yogurt will be too thin and runny to make the dough.
For a video of me rolling out and shaping the bagels, see here. Note this video is from a different version on the blog so the dough look s a little different!