Crispy, crunchy, gluten free eggplant bites. Dipped in warmed marinara for the best gluten free side dish!
- 2 small eggplants (or 1 large), sliced into about 1/4″ thick rounds
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 cups paleo or gluten free cracker crumbs (measure after crushing in food processor or blender)
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- black pepper, to taste
- marinara sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Grease the parchment paper lightly with oil.
- To make the cracker crumbs, add crackers to a food processor or blender and pulse until you have fine crumbs (some bigger pieces are ok). Measure ~2 cups after crumbs are made.
- Have one bowl for the egg wash, and then in a separate shallow bowl combine the cracker crumbs, Italian seasonings, sea salt, and black pepper.
- One by one, dip the eggplant slices in the whisked eggs and let any excess drip off, then dip in cracker crumbs until both sides are coated, then place onto the greased parchment paper.
- Continue until all eggplant slices are coated, then bake for 20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Broil on high at the end for about 3 minutes to get the bites extra crunchy.
- On the stove, gently heat your favorite marinara sauce for dipping.