Creamy coconut mango oatmeal inspired by mango sticky rice!
- 2 cups of water
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup of old fashioned rolled oats (gluten free, if needed)
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup oat, almond, soy, or coconut milk
- 1/3 cup full fat coconut milk (just the creamy part)*
- 1 cup of mango, cubed
- Sliced fresh mango
- Toasted shredded coconut
- Sesame seeds
- Set your can of coconut milk in the refrigerator overnight to help separate the creamy part from the watery part.
- Bring your water and salt to a boil on the stove. Once boiling, stir in your oats, coconut sugar, and vanilla, and reduce heat to medium. Allow to cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prep your mango cubes.
- After 15 minutes, reduce heat to low and stir in your milk of choice, full fat coconut milk cream, and mango cubes. Top with extra mango sliced, toasted coconut, sesame seeds, and a drizzle of honey (optional), serve and enjoy!
*Be sure to refrigerate your can of coconut milk overnight before you plan to make the oatmeal. This will separate the coconut cream from the water.