Super simple, extra creamy cacio e pepe cauliflower mash!
- 1 head of cauliflower, roughly chopped into florets
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan
- 1/2–1 tbsp black pepper
- Sea salt, to taste
- In a large stockpot, cover the cauliflower florets with water. Bring water to a boil and allow to boil until cauliflower is fork tender, about 10-12 minutes. Drain cauliflower and let drain for 2 minutes.
- Return the same pot the cauliflower was cooked in and heat on medium-low. Add butter. Once melted, add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Stir in cream and cauliflower, then stir in parmesan, 1/2 tbsp black pepper, and sea salt.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the ingredients until very smooth (alternatively you can blend in batches in a food processor).
- Taste, adjust sea salt and add more black pepper if you want more of a peppery kick (up to 1/2 tbsp more).