Simple broccoli chicken meatballs.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups of broccoli florets, very finely diced
- 1 lb ground chicken, organic if possible
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Dash of black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400°F and prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Dice the broccoli very finely. Heat a large pan over medium heat, then add the olive oil and broccoli. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until just soft and bright green. Set aside to cool.
- Add remaining ingredients to a large bowl, then add broccoli after letting it cool. Use clean hands to combine all of the meatball ingredients- be sure to mix well so seasonings get evenly mixed.
- Form into 15-16 meatballs and line them up on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 28-30 minutes, until cooked through and tops are slightly browned.