Healthier mini cocktail meatballs! Made with a mouth-watering 2-ingredient apricot bbq sauce.
For the meatballs:
- 2 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup gluten free cracker crumbs, crushed in a blender (measure after blended)
- 1/4 cup very finely diced yellow onion
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- A few cracks of black pepper
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
For the Sauce
- Make the meatballs: Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Combine all meatball ingredients with your hands until very well combined. Roll meatballs into roughly 1 tbsp sized balls (it helps to oil or wet your hands when the mixture is sticking).
- Line meatballs up on the baking sheets and bake for 18-20 minutes (you can bake both trays at the same time– place them parallel on the middle rack).
- Make the sauce: While the meatballs are baking, make the sauce. In a small saucepan, heat the bbq sauce and apricot spread over medium low heat. Continuously stir to until the apricot spread melts and a smooth sauce forms. Allow sauce to come to a boil for 1 minute, then turn off heat.
- When meatballs are done baking, toss in a large pot with the sauce until meatballs are well coated. Allow to simmer stovetop for 10-15 minutes. Serve. *If making ahead of time, gently reheat on the stove until sauce is melted and meatballs are heated through.