Apple Snickerdoodle Energy Bites! A gluten free and vegan healthy snack that tastes like dessert!
- 1 cup cinnamon apple chips, divided
- 3/4 cup old fashion rolled oats
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 cup cashew butter
- Cinnamon sugar blend, for rolling
- In a food processor (or a powerful blender), quickly pulse 1/2 cup of the apple chips into tiny bite-sized pieces, then set aside in a large bowl.
- Add your oats, remaining apple chips, cinnamon, and salt to your food processor or blender and blend into a flour.
- Add the vanilla extract, honey, and cashew butter. Blend or process until mostly combined (it doesn’t need to be 100% combined, as you will mix again by hand in the next step).
- Add your dough to your bowl with the apple pieces, and mix everything together until well-combined. Set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll dough into energy balls, making 13-16 balls depending on size, and roll each ball in a cinnamon sugar mixture. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 2 months.