The most simple and delicious creamy roasted red pepper pasta sauce!
- 10–12 oz pasta of choice
- 1 cup packed roasted red peppers from the jar (drained)
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasonings
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup low sodium veggie broth
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated or shredded will work)
- Start by making your pasta according to directions on packaging.
- While pasta is cooking, make your sauce. Add the peppers, marinara, and olive oil to your blender. Blend until smooth, then add garlic and give it another quick blend to mince the garlic.
- Pour sauce into a large pan over medium low heat. Add seasonings, then bring to a simmer for 3-5 minutes minutes.
- Add heavy creamy and broth; bring to a simmer again for 2 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in parmesan, pasta, and basil. Serve and enjoy!