Light, fluffy, and perfectly moist vanilla cake loaf with the best simple glaze! Not too sweet, made with simple ingredients, and gluten free!
This vanilla cake loaf is the perfect little treat! I am obsessed with the light vanilla flavor and the soft texture of the loaf. So good! I know you guys are going to love this one 🙂
The base of the cake is made with almond flour and oat flour- two of my favorite gluten free flours to bake with! If you don’t have oat flour on hand, you can blend rolled oats into a fine flour! Such an easy hack that I honestly use all the time!
I am so excited for you guys to bake this vanilla loaf!! It’s so simple and so delicious. Be sure to let me know if you give this one a try!
As a reminder with all baking (especially with gluten free baking!), substituting with different flours will more than likely result in a different texture and possibly taste. I recommend keeping the recipe as is for best results! 🙂
Gluten free vanilla cake loaf with a simple glaze! Perfectly sweet, made with simple ingredients, and can be made dairy free!
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 6 tbsp butter, melted (can sub coconut oil or vegan butter)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (plain or vanilla; can sub any milk of choice)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
For the glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp powdered freeze dried strawberries (optional, for a pink glaze)
- 1–3 tbsp milk of choice, as needed
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a loaf dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, melted butter, almond milk, vanilla, and almond extract until smooth. Mix in the remaining dry ingredients until a smooth batter forms.
- Pour batter out evenly into your parchment lined loaf dish. Bake for 40-45 minutes, until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Use the parchment paper to carefully transfer the loaf to a cooling rack to completely cool before adding your glaze and slicing.
- While loaf is cooling, make your glaze. Start with 1 tbsp of milk at a time and add more as needed. Pour glaze over the top of the loaf and add sprinkles. Slice and enjoy!
Please note, I have not tried making this with any other flours. You are welcome to experiment, but I cannot guarantee what results you will get!